On Friday, October 28th, the team at Elevate rolled out the red carpet for its first annual Open House. From 3:00 to 7:00 p.m., co-owners Amy Rockwell and Melissa Hopf showcased some of the many things that make Elevate one of the hottest boutique gyms in the area.
Highlights of the evening included:
- Innovative mini workout blocks demonstrating class offerings such as POUND, Tabata, P90X, Upper Body and EPOC Fit.
- Facility tours and equipment demonstrations that explained the benefits of Gravity and Kinesis and showcased the versatility of TRX.
- A rowing contest that challenged participants to see how quickly they could row 500 meters. Winner Chris Miller provided the answer with a time of 1:41!
- A plank contest that showed what it really takes to create a pair of washboard abs. Andy Boyle killed it with a winning time of 9:30, with Christine Sheldon a very close second.
- Body Fat Percentage Measurements courtesy of Elevate Trainer Aaron Olejarz.
- Snacks courtesy of The Copper Door in Bedford.
The evening also included a raffle filled with a host of fabulous items donated by local businesses and artisans.
Tickets sales resulted in over $350 raised and donated to The McKeryn Bridge Foundation, an organization very close to co-owner Amy Rowell’s heart which identifies and helps individuals and families who have fallen into difficult circumstances.
A big THANK YOU to everyone who helped us to promote the event, donated to our raffle, and came out to join in the festivities.
We wouldn’t exist without our members! It is you who make Elevate such a special place.